Pi - π

Shanmugarajan B
0

Pi - π


Pi is one of the most interesting thing in Maths. We all know that the value of pi is approximately equal to (≅) 22/7 

 π = 3.14159265358979323....

The decimals of π is more than 1 trillion digits.

At first, the circumference of the circle is measured using strings.

They made two different circles with different diameters and so circumferences

Circle A with circumference - c₁ 
                      diameter  - d₁

Circle B with circumference - c₂ 
                      diameter  - d₂
They divided c₁ and d₁, then c₂ and  d₂ and found that

c₁ / d₁ = c₂ / d₂

They divided the circumference and diameter of different circles and they found that they are same

The value is 3.14

c₁ / d₁ = c₂ / d₂ = 3.14

They kept this constant as Pi - π

c / d = π

c = π d

c = 2πr

Try the above experiment.

I used string to measure circumference(c) of a circular plate and scale to measure diameter(d) of the plate.

I divided 'c' and 'd'. I got 3.14 !!! 

The circumference that I got is approximately equal to 28.31 cm
and diameter is approximately equal to 9.00 cm

I divided 28.31 and 9.00

I got 3.14

I divided 'c' and 'd'. I got 3.14 !!!    



Post a Comment

0 Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top